Saturday 24 March 2012

Day 10 Week 2


Quiet day today. Drove from Trinidad in Colorado to Shawnee just outside Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 519 miles. Very little to see in NE New Mexico or through the top of Texas for that matter. As flat as a billiard table with farm paddocks dotted with oil rigs. They are everywhere. In the main street of towns and people even have them in their yards.....as you would I suppose.

North East New Mexico

Texas

Miles of nothing in Texas

I stopped for a snack at a little rest stop just north of Shamrock TX. It was still early so I pushed on into Oklahoma. I am making up some time today because I have decided to head further south because I have to run an errand to Alabama and pick something up.


Oklahoma is full of Wind farms.

Oklahoma City - Dirty windscreen

Tomorrow I am heading for Arkansas and maybe Mississippi if I get that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment