Saturday 31 March 2012

Day 17 Week 3

Hickory North Carolina. Had a forced rest day today. I had felt a head cold coming on for the last few days and it caught up with me last night. I didn’t sleep a wink, not a single wink. So when I got up this morning, I knew there was no way I was going to be able to drive feeling like this. The head ached, the sinus’s were so blocked my teeth actually ached.  You have to drive with your head on a swivel and really have your wits about you around here so I went to a Drug Store and stocked up on meds. I went back to bed and slept most of the day. I must be feeling better because I just went next door to Hooters for tea. I had Glazed BBQ Ribs and curly fries and a piece of chocolate mousse cake washed down with a Bud. I really didn’t particularly want the cake but these girls have a knack of convincing you that you want it. (I think she actually just said "Would you like desert? in that southern drawl and I was in)

Tomorrow I will join the Blue Ridge Parkway at a little place called Blowing Rock. Be good to get back up into the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment