Sunday 18 March 2012

Day 4 Week 1



Left Sierra Vista today and headed north towards Tucson. Absolutely freezing today with rain. Feeling very tired because I didn’t sleep well last night so I pulled over outside the town of Benson at a truck stop. I slept for about 3 hours in the car. When I woke up, I went into the truck stop and bought a hotdog and a hot chocolate to drink in the car. Feeling better, I continued on to Tucson where I went to the Pima Air Museum. They have over 300 aircraft on 80 acres. Unbelievable! For the aircraft enthusiast it is absolutely amazing.


After that, I continued north to Phoenix AZ. I have stopped for the night at a little town just north of Phoenix called Black Canyon City. Tiny little town with one motel. I just had tea at a Steakhouse where I had the all you can eat beef Ribs for $15.99 and a Budweiser.

Tomorrow I hope to push on to the Grand Canyon. Bit weather dependent because they have been having a lot of snow up north and the road may be closed but I will hang around until it opens if I have too. I’m not missing out on the Canyon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hun, who's taking your photo's?
    How come you didn't want to eat at the Truck stop and chat with the truckies?
    Have fun at the Grand Canyon...don't fall in :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am asking people walking by or using the timer on the camera. I wasted too much time sleeping so I had to hit the road.

      Delete
  2. Yeah mate, it was fantastic. Had a ball there. 300 aircraft to walk around and fiddle with.

    ReplyDelete