Wednesday 21 March 2012

Day 7 Week 1


Great day today. I did about 324 miles. Still in Utah but I managed to get off the Interstate and parallel it on back roads. Allowed me to see a lot of little towns that have been bypassed by the freeway.
The day started off well and I don’t want to bore you with another Diner story but I thought I would mention this one. I went to the Black Bear Diner in St George for breakfast before heading off. It was a great Diner. The waitress came and took my order. Apparently, I must have a bit of an accent because when she came back with my fried eggs, bacon, sausage, tomatoes and hash brown, there were 4 eggs on the plate. I said “ Four eggs, well I’ll give it a go.” And she said “Didn’t you order four eggs?” I said “I’m sorry, I said fried eggs.” She said “ Oh, I thought you said you wanted four eggs sunny side up” Not wanting to let the side down, I took one for the team and ate the lot.




So, after that, with a bloody full belly, I went to Zion National Park. It was spectacular. Absolutely incredible. Breathtaking. Again, I took a heap of photo’s but they just don’t show how huge the cliffs are.  One spot where I had my photo taken is called Weeping Rocks. The water constantly weeps out of the rocks all year round. It is like standing under a shower. The water is supposed to be about 1200 years old, finally filtering out of the rocks. It tastes beautiful too.




After Zion, I continued north. As I got higher, I crossed the snow line again and was able to refill my esky.
 Refilling the esky
Continuing north and then east towards Colorado, I have finished up here at a little town called Green River.  The last 120 miles of my trip has been across the most spectacular desert.






Green River. Tonights accomodation.

The sky is clear tonight and being in the desert, I am going to go for a walk later and check out the night sky. It will be good to check out the constellations in the northern sky.
Tomorrow, I should be in high Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment