Tuesday 27 March 2012

Day 13 Week 2


I Took the ferry back over to Gees Bend this morning to get Laraine her quilts. I ended up getting two. Both handmade by the local ladies.  The ferry didn’t leave until 11.15 so I had a bit of time to look around Camden and talk to the locals. Met some really nice people.  

These are the quilts I bought her.

The houses are really cheap around here. This house had a for sale sign out the front so I went for a look. It was empty so I took a look around the outside.







I checked out the realtors website and it is listed for $187,000. A lot of the smaller 3 bdrm homes are around the $30,000 mark.
After I had finished with the ladies, I headed off towards Georgia. I stopped at the town of Selma and spent a few hours looking at museums and touring the town.

Tonight I am at Tuskegee, the home of the ‘Airmen’. Tomorrow morning I will be visiting the museum dedicated to them and then heading to Atlanta.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Brad,

    I got your post card from Tombstone today, thank you very much, I'll frame it after I show it to everyone. It's the first anniversary of mum's passing today, about to head out to the cemetery. The ladies at Gee's bend looked happy, bet they don't get may customers from Australia.

    Stay safe,

    Graeme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love my Quilts, thanks hunny <3
    Maybe you could buy that house for us to live in during the Aussie winter...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tempt me. I am in talks with the realtor as we speak. Well, she is emailing me/chasing me, as they do. I haven't replied to her. I reckon I can do better. When you come over, you can pick one for yourself. The ladies are waiting to meet you.

    ReplyDelete