Wednesday 4 April 2012

Day 21 Week 3

I continued north today into New York State on my way to Niagara Falls.  I have stopped off in Montgomery, to visit Orange County Choppers. First off, I popped into Vinnie’s shop, Vforce Customs and got talking to one of his employees. Through the course of the conversation, he described how best to get ‘into the city’ as they call it, meaning New York City, from here. It turns out the train runs directly from Beacon, a town about 8 miles from Montgomery, paralleling the Hudson River all the way. It takes about an hour to get to Grand Central Station. So I am spending the night here and heading into the city tomorrow for look around. Being a semi rural community, I can leave the car relatively securely at the train station for the day.

After I left Vinnie’s, I stopped off at Paul JR’s for a photo and then over to Mikey’s art studio. I finished off by going to OCC and had a good look around over there.
Paul JR Designs
Mikeys Gallery

Me at OCC

The 'Fire Bike'

So tomorrow I will be going to Ground Zero and spending the day in Manhattan. Not sure where I will end up tomorrow night once I get back here and get the car. Being so close to NYC, accomodation is expensive so I might push on out into the country a bit further.

No comments:

Post a Comment