Monday 16 April 2012

Day 33 Week 5


In yesterdays post, I tried to show some pictures of how big the Redwood trees are over here but as Laraine pointed out to me, I didn’t show anything to compare them to, to give them some perspective. They could have been pictures of saplings for all anyone knew, so I jumped out of the car with tripod in hand and took some more shots for you. Well, for Laraine anyway who is size perspective impaired apparently.


I continued on down the road towards San Francisco, not intending to go there today but as time went on, I couldn’t find anywhere to stay, so I just kept pushing on thinking there will be something along here soon and the next thing I know I am at the Golden Gate Bridge.


One interesting thing I noticed today was the abundance of Gum trees in California. They are everywhere. It seriously looked just like home. Apparently they were introduced by Australian miners in the 1850’s during the gold rush.




Well, when I unintentionally got to the Golden Gate, I figured well I ain’t turning around so I just moved my plans forward a bit. Unfortunately I got there on afternoon peak hour so it was a mad house. Thankfully, I am used to the driving now so it wasn’t too bad.  I popped over to the home of the Mythbusters, M5 Industries and took some photos outside the shop.  The sign on the door left no doubt that they don’t like being disturbed so I took my pics and kept going.

When I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, I was pushed along in the traffic and couldn’t see too much so I thought I would pop back over there for some more pics.

Once I had that done, I took a drive down through the middle of ‘Downtown’ and into China town. More chaotic traffic but a lovely city all the same.


So tonight I am just south of San Francisco. Over the next few days I am going to take a slow drive down the coast towards LA. I may even sleep in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment