Thursday 12 April 2012

Day 29 Week 5


Well, I spent the whole day in Spokane today with Dad’s Vietnam War buddy Terry Lightfoot. I arrived at Terry’s at 0900hrs and didn’t leave until 1815hrs. Even though I am not one to talk much myself, I don’t think there was a break in the conversation all day. Terry gave me a pair of Ho Chi Minh sandals that he brought home from the war 40 years ago. Hand made out of old car tyres.
Terry showing me his medals



Anyway, I had a really great day and heard lots of stories about what he and Dad got up to back in the day. When I first turned up, the very first thing Terry said was how much I look like Dad. Although he did say “You’re older than he was when he was over there aren’t you?” I said “Yeah Dad was 42 and I am 46.” I thought I still looked young. I feel young, not physically but, well, you know. Oh well, I suppose I am old. I better go and have a Nanna nap.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Brad, so glad you got to meet him. Did you tell him how much we appreciate his contribution to Dads eulogy, and how much Mum loved the flowers? Can't wait to hear the stories, did you tape them? If not, write them down while they are still fresh. He's looking pretty fit, hope he and Marybeth are doing well. Bet that was a day you'll never forget!
    Great job bro', see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving those sandles daddy! so cool!
    Cannot wait to hear all your stories!
    Missing you way too much!!

    however,
    "I'm not one to talk much"
    was that sarcasm? :P
    xoxo
    Al.

    ReplyDelete